Singapore Heritage Short Film Competition Travelling Showcase
March 17 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Singapore Heritage Short Film Competition Travelling Showcase is back, with more fascinating and thought-provoking films for your viewing pleasure!
Now into its fifth year, the competition is organized by the Singapore Film Society and supported by the National Heritage Board, Chinese Language and Cultural Fund of the Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Associations, and Hong Leong Foundation.
The annual Singapore Heritage Short Film Competition aims to nurture audiences and filmmakers to take interest in our cultural heritage and documenting them for future generations on film. This year’s travelling showcase comprises of 8 short films that make up this year’s winners and finalists.
The theme for this year’s competition is HERITAGE FOOD.
Our 2018 Finalist Films are (in no particular order):
- Popiah Family 薄饼家庭 by 24 Productions (G)
- A Hakka Grandma’s Labour of Love by CNA Insider, Channel NewsAsia Digital (PG)
- SAAPUDU. MAKAN. CHI FAN by SMC Productions (G)
- Siew Heng Guo Zeng Zong Dumpling 肇庆裹蒸粽 by Food Revivers (G)
- Mr. Mokhtar’s Kuih Warisan Melayu by RPDMC (PG)
- A Dying Tradition by Kacangz (G)
- Heirloom Recipes – Hei Bi Hiam / 家传菜 – 虾米香 by Andugo (G)
- Shopping Tips for Indian Cooking by CNA Insider, Channel NewsAsia Digital (G)
The films are in multiple languages and subtitled in English.
Total Screening Time: 1 Hour
There will be a post-screening discussion with one of the short film’s filmmaker.
*Please note that the films screened are the same as those on 23 Sep at the Arts House, 27 Oct at MOX, 11 Nov at Library@Esplanade, 18 Nov at Library@Chinatown, and Kampung Glam Day-Out at Malay Heritage Centre on 24 Nov 2018.
Admission is free!
This event is supported by Malay Heritage Centre, and is part of Singapore Heritage Festival 2019, organized by National Heritage Board.