National Youth Film Awards 2019
CALL FOR ENTRIES!
The National Youth Film Awards (NYFA) 2019 is here again for its fifth edition, this time partnering with a familiar face, the Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF). Jointly organised by *SCAPE and the National Youth Council (NYC), NYFA aims to provide a platform for youths to showcase their talents in film, and create opportunities for young filmmakers to hone their skills and network with industry professionals.
The fifth edition of NYFA is centred around the carpe diem spirit and celebrates the dreams of today’s youths, encapsulating their joy, energy and excitement. To date, more than 1,000 submissions have been received across the Media Student and Open Youth categories.
Deadline: 31 May 2019
Accepted works include Documentary, Animation or Live Action films.
Open Youth Category
- Between the age of 15-35 years old (as of 31 December 2019)
- Residing in Singapore during the time of the production of the submission
- Submissions must be produced between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 May 2019
Media students Category
- Full-time student(s) who are under the age of 35 (before 31 December 2019)
- Residing in Singapore
- Currently enrolled in a media-related course/module at any Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore
- Submissions must be produced between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 May 2019 during the course of enrolment at the IHL.
- IHL graduates (between 17 April 2018 and 31 May 2019) from media-related course/modules are also eligible to participate.